background

Friday, November 9, 2012

Blog Slacker

I know I've been a bit of a blog slacker lately.  I've been caught up in living life - the day to day stuff.  I've written many posts - in my head in the car or in bed or the shower.  But they never seem to make it to the actual computer.

There's not really anything new going on in my life, just the same day to day and that's okay.  I'm reading "Mended" by Angie Smith right now and it's a thought changer.  I'll have to post more about it later, but it certainly has made me step back at times and examine my life.

We seem to be settled in at our new church.  We're finding our place.  Most Sunday's there's still a bit of argument from WeeMan.  He misses his old church and the toys.  But once he's in class he settles down and has fun.  I like that he is having class and not just playing at the new church.

I've been staying busy at work.  I'm settled into second grade.  At first I missed fourth grade and my big kids, but I think I've found my place.  Our grade level team works well together and we fit. My kiddos are a mixed bag.  Some of them are so needy it breaks my heart daily, but even on the worst day - I enjoy them.  In fact my class this year has helped to change some of my perspective on WeeMan's future.  I've often looked at him and looked at my class and thought I wanted to home school or send him to a Christian school, but I've come to realize this year - that the kids at my school need him and other kids like him to be examples and most importantly he needs them.  He needs to see them and love them and understand that he can be a light.  That's what I want for him - not to be raised in a sheltered place where he never has to see the darkness - I want him to see the darkness and to shine in it. (Does that sound weird? I'm not sure how to say what I mean, so I hope I am getting it across)

So that's what's going on here.  Life as normal such as it is.


3 comments:

Whosyergurl said...

It happens to all of us. I "write" blog posts all the time (and even take photos) for posts that never make it to my blog.
My children went to Christian private day care, Pre-school and Kindergarten. Then they went to public school. I couldn't afford to keep it up. I do think kids probably fare better being in the world all along, rather than suddenly being dumped it to it.
xo, Cheryl

Country Gal said...

Nothing wrong with a little normal in life! Glad things are settling down and evening out!

Vintage Country Girl said...

I don't think your point of view is weird at all. I send my kids to public school, and my sister home schools hers. It's not something we talk about, but her children are different, being at home, and not having daily interaction with children who are not brought up the same way as them. We tell our kids to befriend EVERYONE. I think if you shelter your kids too much, they won't have the experiences (not all bad by the way) that normal kids do. Any child who is homeschooled and goes to church might hear bad stuff at church too. Kids grow when they are FORCED to. I think you made the right decision. Good for you!